Castletown Group - Data Privacy Notice
This data privacy notice is written to comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR gives control to individuals over their personal data.
The Castletown Group of Companies as data controllers refers to all lines of businesses under ownership or management:
· Name: Castletown Group Companies;
· Castletown Risk Services Limited;
· Castletown Risk Solutions Limited;
· Castletown Insurance Company Limited;
· Castletown Administration Limited;
· Norcross Insurance Company Limited;
· CIC Consultants Limited;
· SNV Limited;
· Phone: +44 (0)1624 825025
· Email: email@example.com
· Address: Lower Ballayack, Earystane, Colby, Isle of Man, IM9 4HN, British Isles
HOW DATA IS USED
Castletown Group may process personal information as part of its businesses activities: apart from being an employer it provides risk and insurance advisory services, general insurance intermediation, insurance, underwriting and holds group assets.
THE LEGAL BASES WE USE IF FOR LAWFUL PROCESSING
In order for Castletown Group of Companies to conduct business and fulfil its legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, it needs to perform legitimate and essential processing. These are:
· Establishing & maintaining contracts;
· Provision of all contracted services;
· Invoicing, remittance, payments, collections;
· Communications for a legitimate purpose do perform its role;
· Risk management contract review;
· Response to Subject Access Requests;
· Performance measurement;
· IT support services;
· Business Continuity Planning;
· Legal and regulatory obligations;
· Responding to enquiries, requests and complaints;
· Employment processing.
THE CATEGORIES OF PEOPLE WHO WILL ACCESS OR RECEIVE THE DATA
Castletown Group of Companies will sometime need to share personal information with other in order to fulfil its role. The type of organisation which we may need to share some personal information with is:
· Its Captive Managers (Thomas Miller Captive Management Limited)
· Insurance Intermediaries/Brokers
· Loss Adjusters/ Claims investigators
· Pension Providers
· Suppliers and Service Providers
· IT providers
· Regulatory and law enforcement agencies
THE COUNTRIES WHERE DATA WILL BE STORED, PROCESSED AND TRANSFERRED
Your personal data collected by the Castletown Group of Companies may be stored and processed in the Isle of Man. Should we need to transfer your personal data elsewhere this will only be processed to a third party in a manner that complies with the GDPR and the Castletown Group of Companies will take all reasonable measures to safeguard the transfer of your personal data.
HOW LONG THE DATA WILL BE RETAINED
Retention of specific records may be necessary for one or more of the following reasons:
· To fulfil statutory or other regulatory requirements;
· To evidence events/agreements in case of disputes;
· To meet our operational needs;
· To meet any historical purposes.
Personal data that is collected and subsequently never used for any business purpose will be reviewed and may be destroyed at Castletown Group of Companies discretion.
THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Isle of Man Information Commissioner’s Office if you think that your personal data has been inappropriately used. You can also exercise your rights with anyone of the Castletown Group of Companies regarding your personal data.